Friday, May 29, 2009

The "mighty" Baneblade and Deceiver

Hey,
I just played an apocalypse game against Redharvest, and realized quite quickly that Baneblades are not uber-powerful, and the Deceiver is really hard to kill. I had mine fall to the deceiver in turn 4. I realize that Apoc is supposed to be played with large amounts of points on huge boards, but really? The 500 point model I just purchased for $95 just died a quick death to a character. I know the Deceiver is a god, but come on, he just beat a super-heavy to death in combat. He also gets to run and stay whenever he wants, so your only option is to shoot the crap out of him. That's easier said than done when he has T8 and 5 wounds. Healso ignores armor/invul./Feel no pain. WTF???
Terrain shaped the battle as well, however I won't be over this Apoc game soon...

On another note the Thunderbolt Flyer is amazing. TL Lascannons, 2 TL autocannons, 4 hellstrike missles or bombs? Sign me up. He flew around the board the entire game just goofin' off. However he only has AV10 and BS3 like the Baneblade. For 220 points though, who cares?

Null zone is also very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment