Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Imerial Guard Codex Day 1: The Test Drive

I always look forward to Thursdays lately, because it is my one dedicated 40k Game day, but I was looking forward to this particular Thursday because I get to test drive my new codex.

I was really nervous of building an army list that was uber powerful and no fun to play against. But after taking two loses, what was thought to be such a powerful force to be reckoned with just looks damn intimidating on the paper. I saw this about halfway through game one.

So after getting some valuable advice I shortly realized that when you break down everything in this codex, whether you think its cheese or not, its still a guardsmen shooting that lascannon, or plasma. Yeah we got beefed up in the Heavy Weapons, and fast attack. But we also lost a lot too..

My dear Doctrines, you will be missed, nothing was better than giving your whole army chameloin and sitting on an objective and getting that 2+ cover save by going to ground! Or re-rolling ones! and i'm not sure but I think my army had a special doctrine that actually made me roll good!

So after throwing all my dice around for a couple of hours, and switiching to my amazing pink dice that are great, its back to the drawing board to get ready for this tourny coming up next saturday, and with only a few chances of getting in a few new matches, its hard to say what i will run!

But you win some and loose some, and today i took my first two defeats, but never will I fail my leadership check!

Check back for more on guard building list!

Ace

1 comment:

  1. And I had such high hopes for the guard... Mabey its just the list?

    ReplyDelete